HomeLocal NewsB.C. says gender on ID cards can now be changed without doctor's...

B.C. says gender on ID cards can now be changed without doctor’s confirmation or surgery

Proof of parental consent for youth between the ages of 12 and 19 while children age 11 and younger require confirmation from a physician or psychologist and proof of parental consent

The B.C. government says gender markers on provincial identification cards can now be changed without the confirmation of a doctor or psychologist.

Grace Lore, Parliamentary Secretary for Gender Equity says this change will reduce a barrier “Two-spirit, transgender and gender-diverse people” when they wish to change their identification documents.

Lisa Beare, Minister of Citizens’ Services it builds on the 2018 implementation of the gender “X”, as a third non specific, “non binary” option on the B.C. Government ID. With the removal of the requirement for an individual to get surgery before they apply for a change in gender will make it easier for people to do on demand gender swapping.

The province says adults must complete an application form to change their gender designation.

Youth between the ages of 12 and 19 must also provide proof of support from a parent or guardian, while confirmation from a physician or psychologist is still required for children aged 11 and younger.

They did not release details how how many times a person can change their gender and if there is a time frame in which they must wait to change their gender again.

Fun Facts:

Trans Care BC defines transgender, or trans, as an umbrella term that describes a wide range of people whose gender differs from their assigned sex at birth. There is about 46,000 people in B.C. that identify as trans or gender diverse. 46,000 people makes up 1% of the population In B.C., 9% less than the unvaccinated that is called small and fringe.

There’s actually no gender option on the ID, the option is sex and makes the ID inaccurate to call it gender in this sense and makes the ID false because your sex means you either have a penis and produce sperm with a male reproductive system, or you have a uterus with ovaries producing eggs with a female reproductive system

We’re asking readers, like you, to make a contribution in support of BC Rise's fact-based, independent reporting.

Unlike the mainstream media, BC Rise isn’t getting a government bailout and fully independent. Instead, we depend on friendly support of Canadians like you.

A media outlet cannot remain neutral and fair if they have special beneficiaries or government handouts.

This is why independent media in Canada is more important than ever. If you’re able, please make a donation to BC Rise today. Thank you so much.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular