Wednesday, September 28, 2022
HomeNationalGoFundMe admits the Freedom Convoy wasn't foreign funded

GoFundMe admits the Freedom Convoy wasn’t foreign funded

In a controversial move, GoFundMe shut down a fundraiser for anti-vaccine Canadian truckers.

Truckers are participating in the “Freedom Convoy” in order to protest the vaccine drug injections, which are being forced on them.

collapsing under radical political pressure, the left-wing crowdfunding company GoFundMe claimed law enforcement had evidence “that the previously peaceful demonstration has become an occupation, with police reports of violence and other unlawful activity.”

GoFundMe has been chastised for supporting destructive left-wing occupations, such as the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone in Seattle, as well as violent Black Lives Matter demonstrations, according to critics.

NDP leader Jagmeet Singh and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said that the trucker’s convoy was fueled by “foreign actors and money” aiming to “sow division in Canada” when they froze the assets and shut down the fundraising.

Of course these are actually false claims.

President of GoFundMe Juan Benitez has recently finally admitted that approximately 90% of donations to the campaign came from Canada.
This was revealed during a meeting of the House of Commons’ public safety and national security committee.

President of GoFundMe Juan Benitez has recently finally admitted that approximately 90% of donations to the campaign came from Canada.
This was revealed during a meeting of the House of Commons’ public safety and national security committee.

He continued with saying that 88 percent of the funds to the convoy were donated by Canadians, with 86 percent of the donors being Canadian.

This is in complete conflict to Trudeau and a number of other cabinet officials who have circulated false information concerning convoy funding.

Singh’s claim that “US interference from the extreme right and millions of dollars via anonymous foreign sources,” then, was completely unsubstantiated and false.

“If we were aware that something like that was occurring, those folks are not welcome to participate on our platform, those activities would have been prohibited and we would have filtered that out.”

On February 11th, he said, “We all agree that foreign actors and money cannot be allowed to undermine our democracy – right? So, let’s shut it down.”

On February 12, Trudeau called for “foreign money funding the protests to stop.”

He spread misinformation that over half of the donations made on some platforms were from the US.

We’re asking readers, like you, to make a contribution in support of BC Rise's fact-based, independent reporting.

Unlike the mainstream media, BC Rise isn’t getting a government bailout and fully independent. Instead, we depend on friendly support of Canadians like you.

A media outlet cannot remain neutral and fair if they have special beneficiaries or government handouts.

This is why independent media in Canada is more important than ever. If you’re able, please make a donation to BC Rise today. Thank you so much.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular