Sunday, October 2, 2022
HomeNationalTrudeau is divisive says over 60% of Canadians and want him to...

Trudeau is divisive says over 60% of Canadians and want him to resign

According to a new Postmedia-Leger poll, the majority of Canadians believe Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is a divisive leader, and many want him to resign.

“His personal popularity with NDP and Green voters is poor, which leads one to question his ability to win another election, certainly difficult to see him ever winning a majority,” Leger executive vice-president Andrew Enns told Postmedia.

According to the National Post, 32% of respondents to the poll said they strongly disapproved of Trudeau’s performance, while 23% said they somewhat disapproved, giving the performance a disapproval rating of 55%.

Nearly half of those polled (49%) want Trudeau to resign as leader of the Liberal Party before the next election, while 30% want him to continue.

In agreement that he “often favours certain groups and regions of the country over others, which has created national unity issues.,” more than 60% of respondents considered Trudeau to be divisive.

The provinces of British Columbia, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan had the highest levels of anti-Trudeau sentiment (60% each), closely followed by Alberta and Quebec (58%) at 58%.

When it comes down to Trudeau’s performance as Prime Minister only 7% of Canadians strongly support Trudeau and 33% said they approved of the prime minister somewhat, for a total approval rating of 40%.

Sixteen percent of respondents cite marijuana legalisation as the prime minister’s greatest achievement, while only 15% cite pandemic management.

Seventeen percent of those polled said Trudeau’s biggest deception as Prime Minister was his lack of integrity. Trudeau has been embroiled in a number of scandals, including the Aga Khan, SNC Lavalin, and WE charity scandals.

With allegations that the Trudeau administration used the mass shooting in Nova Scotia to impose gun control measures, Trudeau is suddenly embroiled in yet another scandal.

In addition, respondents listed Trudeau’s broken promises (11%) and the use of the Emergencies Act to crush the Freedom Convoy protests (6%) as among of their biggest disappointments.

Trudeau won in 2015 running on a campaign of inclusiveness and “sunny ways” being very optimistic future for Canada. He won office again in 2021 being voted with the lowest share of all eligible electoral votes in Canadian history. Only 32.3 percent of Canadians voted for the Liberal leader, meaning 67.8 percent of the population abstained.

During the pandemic Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s divisive nature started to become very noticeable as he constantly demonized and vilified Canadians that did not get the Covid-19 “vaccine” or refused to give up their medical privacy for vaccine status. He branded them as racist and misogynistic.

Trudeau now faces large amounts of criticism and protests as he travels across Canada. Trudeau as spewed divisive hate speech publicly multiple times previously insulting and name calling Freedom Convoy Supporters as a “small fringe minority” who hold “unacceptable views” as well as “tinfoil hats.”

Last we BC Rise reported on a poll that shows Canadians’ say Justin Trudeau has been the worst Prime Minister.

Despite the poor polling results, a coalition with Jagmeet Singh and the New Democratic Party might allow Trudeau to cling onto power without having to call a vote until October 2025.

We’re asking readers, like you, to make a contribution in support of BC Rise's fact-based, independent reporting.

Unlike the mainstream media, BC Rise isn’t getting a government bailout and fully independent. Instead, we depend on friendly support of Canadians like you.

A media outlet cannot remain neutral and fair if they have special beneficiaries or government handouts.

This is why independent media in Canada is more important than ever. If you’re able, please make a donation to BC Rise today. Thank you so much.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular