Police made 5 arrests of Anti freedom, pro authoritarian supporters trying to counter the peaceful Freedom Convoy protest using violence and and mischief.
It’s quiet funny that the anti freedom, pro authoritarian protesters get mad when they are called Nazi’s because they want everyone to just obey the government without question but they have no problem holding up signs and screaming Nazi at the freedom convoy. They also like to try to paint the Pro Freedom protesters as extremists, violent and dangers when the Pro Freedom convoy crowds have been peaceful and no one has been arrested or charged meanwhile the Anti Freedom, Pro Authoritarian protesters have been using terrorist actions of intimidation and threats towards motorists including vehicles with children in them scaring the kids and traumatizing them.
The anti freedom, pro authoritarian protesters have blocked roads for everyone which includes the Freedom Convoy, general public and emergency vehicles. They have been doing insane things putting other peoples lives in danger including their own by throwing nails on the road trying to pop tires and tossing rocks and eggs at vehicles as well as the eco terrorist thing of laying down on the road in front of vehicles. Anyone with a Canada flag has become a target to these hooligans’. They often cover their shame with a mussel (mask) our doors to hide their identity while they commit crimes terrorizing the public and family vehicles with children in them.
According to Vancouver police, they received “numerous reports of rocks and eggs being thrown, cars being kicked, and nails being strewn on roadways” as the trucker convoy made its way downtown.
“Everyone has the right to peacefully assemble and express their views, and the Vancouver Police Department is committed to providing a safe environment for lawful protest,” said Sgt. Steve Addison. “Today’s protests attracted thousands of people who feel passionately about their causes. While most protesters were peaceful, some had to be arrested for violent behaviour and unlawful conduct.”
- A 29-year-old man was arrested near Robson and Burrard Street after VPD officers observed him wearing a balaclava and pulling a wagon full of egg cartons. The man, a US citizen from Washington State, had a knife in a sheath tied to his belt, and two eggs in his jacket pocket.
- A 29-year-old man was arrested after he stood in the middle of the road, told a driver in the protest convoy to go back to the valley, and started trying to push a vehicle backwards. VPD officers tried to calm the man down and repeatedly encouraged him to leave the roadway, however, officers were forced to arrest him when his behaviour threatened to incite onlookers.
- A 57-year-old man was arrested for mischief after he was seen kicking vehicles near Burrard and Davie Street.
- A 30-year-old man was arrested when VPD officers observed him walking through a crowd of protesters and challenging people to fights.
- A 28-year-old man was arrested for mischief near Nelson and Burrard Street after witnesses flagged down VPD officers and reported he was throwing eggs.